The Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sins

We are The Sins. Revel in our power. Feed off our strength. Those who are weak will fall to their knees begging for mercy. Join us, or die with the masses.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The History of Greed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

The History of Greed Empty
PostSubject: The History of Greed   The History of Greed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 pm

In the book of Samuel, the customs of priests are depicted as follows: When any man offered a sacrifice, the servant of the priest would be allowed to confiscate a small portion. The sons of Eli would demand the servants to retrieve larger proportions and provide it as indulgences to the priests. Of course, abhorring such offerings were considered an insult and promoted greed, intimidation, and violence. Eventually, fewer sacrifices were committed to the Lord.
Luke 4: 5 (King James Version)

"And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, all this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine."

Greed is considered a self-serving, addictive nature. The object of desire is typically something that is possessed for personal usage. An individual rarely covets gifts that will benefit a specific acquaintance, etc. A multi-millionaire was once asked why he intended to compulsively retain and gain more and more money. He answered, "Because its there." Regardless of personal assets and enough power and money to live luxuriously, the man still intended to possess all that he could. This example undoubtedly proves that greed is deceitful and manipulative.

Isaiah 56: 11 (King James Version)

"Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter."

Greed is not only a possessive nature that rich individuals obtain. In fact, those less fortunate are more apt to desire possessions they do rightfully earn. I, personally, can admit that greed is less likely a characteristic in my nature. Though I may lust, and pride myself on physical and mental attributes, I have always remained content with the objects I own. However, I understand the concept and potent desire to crave the various beneficial assets our society offers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Aeoden

The History of Greed
Page 1 of 1