The Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sins

We are The Sins. Revel in our power. Feed off our strength. Those who are weak will fall to their knees begging for mercy. Join us, or die with the masses.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The History of Wrath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

The History of Wrath Empty
PostSubject: The History of Wrath   The History of Wrath Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 am

Definition of Wrath - "Strong vengeful anger or indignation" (Merriam-Webster, 2010).
As I initially admitted my own personal characteristics associated with the seven deadly sins to relate primarily to lust and pride, I now acknowledge wrath. Wrath can easily be described as annoyance or the desire to physically lash out. Additionally, rage can be identified as anger. I, too, have moments of unpredictable anger directed towards party members that somehow associate or conflict with my intentions.

Psalms 2: 1 (New Revised Standard Version)

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?"

The Book of Mark portrays Jesus being conflicted with the sin of anger. Similarly to God and the Israelites, Jesus requests on numerous occasions, and demands various tasks of his followers. However, constant failure and neglect succeeds those responsible. I vividly recall the Israelites demanding food, and idolizing false Gods, and the Lord would repeatedly punish his chosen people on their journey to the Promised Land. Though miracles were performed and witnessed, the Israelites frequently disobeyed. To continue the aforementioned subject, though, the anger and grief that Jesus exhibited would eventually dissolve and the remaining story would unfold.

Mark 3: 5 (King James Version)

"And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other."

Other examples of wrath include variations of anger, annoyance, irritation, and indignation. But likewise, these characteristics are unknowingly adopted by men and women today. Our perceptual response patters indicate interference with the individual's mental or physical intentions. These interferences create the aforementioned examples.

To conclude, man is not only inflicted with sin. Apparently, the Bible speaks about "The great day of the Lord....a day of wrath" (Zeph. 1: 14-15). I believe this verse relates to the Day of Judgment upon men. Christianity predicts a day when the Earth will be uninhabited by mortal men, and all mortals and immortals alike will have a second chance at righteousness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Aeoden

The History of Wrath
Page 1 of 1