The Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sins

We are The Sins. Revel in our power. Feed off our strength. Those who are weak will fall to their knees begging for mercy. Join us, or die with the masses.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The History of Vanity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

The History of Vanity Empty
PostSubject: The History of Vanity   The History of Vanity Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:38 am

1 Peter 5: 5 (King James Version)
"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."

Pride can be interpreted as arrogance, vanity, or self-glorifying opinions. Unnecessary confidence and constant acknowledgement of superior status will inevitably result in the aforementioned sin. For those individuals desiring unparallel beauty, possessions, or stature, associated actions will result in committed sin. The reason such actions are intertwined with sin is because the respective glory and excellence should be attributed to God alone. Unfortunately, many individuals remain unaware of such gratification. I, too, often notice my reflection content and eager to self indulge. This, however, can exceed the limits and eventually result in an excess amount of self glorification. The excess will also promote gluttony, and possibly lust. It is easy to compare the relative sins and understand them, but enacting such remedies totally contrasts.

Various other forms of pride also exist. An abundance of pride in race, heritage, tradition, spirituality, and riches also declares sinful. The concept of pride not only advises believers to spare glory and excellence for God, but to also be considerate of fellow mortals. An example of such is repeatedly noticed via competition. To rejoice and claim superiority over another athlete is to criticize and demean another individual of similar chemistry and creation, but fails to equate in skill. The prideful will also refuse to acknowledge God in tedious and difficult situations, but instead rely on their own self evolved solutions. I currently recollect memories involving the WWJD bracelets that swept the market roughly a decade ago. As I previously suggested, specific, prideful individuals will not question the incomprehensive. With the What Would Jesus Do bracelets, constant remembrance provides for fewer, hypocritical answers to an otherwise moral action.

Isaiah 25: 11 (King James Version)

"And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swimmeth spreadeth forth his hands to swim: and he shall bring down their pride together with the spoils of their hands."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Aeoden
Vanity
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Vanity

The History of Vanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History of Vanity   The History of Vanity Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

I like it. And sorry, changed the title to fit my name. Haha.
Back to top Go down
https://thesins.forumotion.com

The History of Vanity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sins :: The Sins :: Individual Sins-
Jump to: