The Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sins

We are The Sins. Revel in our power. Feed off our strength. Those who are weak will fall to their knees begging for mercy. Join us, or die with the masses.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The History of Sloth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

The History of Sloth Empty
PostSubject: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:59 am

Definition of Sloth: "A disinclination to action or labor, also known as indolence" (Merriam-Webster, 2010).
Similar to the sin of gluttony, a sloth will accept indulgences that relate to their apathetic nature. That gratification, however, does not result in excessive food or drink, but is instead answered with a comfortable idleness. The object of desire is typically nothing, itself. Lack of responsibilities are apparent, and an ideal sloth will burden relative parties with additional commitments. Discipline is non-existent and unfamiliar, which provides an insensitive being without motivation or dedication. This is the concept of slothfulness.

Proverbs 15: 19 (King James Version)

"The way of the slothful man is a hedge of thorns; but the way of the righteous is made plain."

Other characteristics adopted by a sloth and deceit and manipulation. The path of a righteous man is clear and understandable. The path of a sloth, however, is intertwined with deceiving obstacles, or thorns, that remain unpredictable and indistinct. Possessing a manipulative mindset, the sloth will typically mislead respective party members with a poor, physical appearance and assure them a righteous path is being sought. A picture depicted by the sloth will reveal unfortunate events and promote sympathy and remorse.

Proverbs 21: 25 (King James Version)

"The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour."

An example I am inclined to provide is that of the homeless. Of course, I hereby reassure readers that I acknowledge many unfortunate souls, especially in a dire economy, are not slothful and simply need a helping hand. However, I will also acknowledge those who fail to accomplish goals, and instead rely on handouts and charities. These individuals roam the streets, eager to accept offerings but hesitant to return the favor. A slothful life eventually becomes addictive, and physical appearance provides sympathy and dollar bills from vehicle operators and pedestrians. The question remains whether or not these individuals insist on attempting to reform, or merely partake in laziness to advance social restoration. I notice a cardboard cutout that details hunger and homelessness, and then proceed a block to detect an announcement for employment. For those biased towards my opinion, please understand that I do not critique all the homeless, only those associated with slothfulness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Aeoden
Invidia
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Invidia

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 am

You wrote so much today, kudos.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 am

i didn't write it bud, I just copy-pasted from google. I figured it wasn't complete, so I just took the time to finish it Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanity
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Vanity

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm

If you'd like, just make one for Vanity too, since I won't be finishing it anytime soon. That way, they are all pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
https://thesins.forumotion.com
Invidia
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Invidia

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Lust wrote:
i didn't write it bud, I just copy-pasted from google. I figured it wasn't complete, so I just took the time to finish it Smile

You Copy/Pasted a lot today, kudos.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 am

Vanity i finished yours up, but it appears that Vanity isnt the sin. The sin you are looking for is Pride.
Back to top Go down
Vanity
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Vanity

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I know man. Vanity and Pride are synonyms...I just like the sound of Vanity better.
Back to top Go down
Invidia
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Invidia

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Lust wrote:
Vanity i finished yours up, but it appears that Vanity isnt the sin. The sin you are looking for is Pride.
I was about the bring that up, but I changed my mind :p Why don't you call yourself Gloria, the Latin term for Vanity/Pride
Back to top Go down
Vanity
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Vanity

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 am

Because...Gloria sounds like a woman.
Back to top Go down
Invidia
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Invidia

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah, I sorta realized that, but I though "Why not post it anyway?" xD
Back to top Go down
Vanity
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Vanity

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Last time I checked, I was a man.
Back to top Go down
Invidia
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Invidia

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Gloria is a Latin word used as a girls name now. Wipe that name out of history and it'll still seem cool Razz
Back to top Go down
Nef
Virgin to Sin
Virgin to Sin
Nef

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Another term for Vanity / Pride is 'Superbia' I believe.
I only know this because a while back, me and a small group of in real life friends decided to take on the persona of the 7DS at school for a week...research was necessary.

The title of 'Vanity' itself seems a lot more interesting then 'Gloria', or even 'Superbia' though.
Back to top Go down
Invidia
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Invidia

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes it does.
Back to top Go down
Vanity
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Vanity

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

I like Vanity the best. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History of Sloth   The History of Sloth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The History of Sloth
Page 1 of 1