The Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sins

We are The Sins. Revel in our power. Feed off our strength. Those who are weak will fall to their knees begging for mercy. Join us, or die with the masses.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The History of Envy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Deadly Sin
Deadly Sin
Lust

The History of Envy Empty
PostSubject: The History of Envy   The History of Envy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 am

"Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

Envy is most aptly identified as jealousy, or coveting possessions that one does not rightfully own or earn. Of course, these characteristics are succeeded by a mental perception that informs the envious of a superior status. The envious thus insist on acquiring similar status, by force or demand if necessary. Few examples may include personal assets, skills, reputation, and advantages. The "evil eye" described in the Book of Mark is an accurate translation of envy. It is more appropriately identified as a rebellion against God. Those with a desire to establish and advance their given nature are more commonly declaring dissatisfaction among their personal life.

Galatians 5: 21 (King James Version)

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in the time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God."

The origination of envy dates before Christ and involves two brothers, each engaging in ritual sacrifice for the Lord. God unfortunately favors the offering established by Abel. Cain, on the other hand, failed to please the Lord. Out of spite and jealousy, Cain commits murder. Though we are all familiar with the biblical tale associated with Cain and Abel, how often do we recollect the literary events that have thus established the sin of envy? Furthermore, the outrageous actions initiated by Cain failed to produce results similar to Abel. Instead, sin and punishment were rewarded.

Luckily, envy is not one of my more notable, sinful characteristics. Instead, I partake in Lust & Wrath; of course, not by intention. However, envy remains a very reputable sin. Numerous individuals indulge in desires that relate to the possessions not rightfully theirs. The moral associated with envy, though, is to be content with your personal attributes, possessions, life, etc. One can undeniably proclaim the essence of God without first being personally satisfied. To conclude, according to Romans 1: 29, all who persist in it are "deserving of death."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Aeoden

The History of Envy
Page 1 of 1